- Features and Advantages of the Killer B Motorsport Windage Tray / Baffle over the OEM piece:
Features and Advantages of the Killer B Motorsport Windage Tray / Baffle over other aftermarket baffles:
- Closed rear section to prevent oil from sloshing into the crank under hard acceleration and aggressive shifts.
- Block contoured profile to minimize oil returning from the heads interfering with the crank.
- Directional louvers prevent oil in the pan from splash/sloshing into the crank.
- Low profile design to control windage and strip oil from the crank immediately to reduce oil roping on the crank.
- Improved oil entry to the pan/pickup to help prevent oil starvation.
- Made from stainless steel for long life, durability and corrosion resistance.
- Uses OEM baffle mounting locations
- Not a sandwich between pan & block design that is difficult to install and more prone to leak.
- No rubber parts that can sag and stay open after repeated heat cycling.
- Not Holy Cow expensive!
So whats all this mean? It means more power due to the reduction in oil interfering with the rotation of the crank and allowing it to spin more freely. Unless its in the bearings, anytime oil comes in contact with the cranks or connecting rods it robs power. Reduction of oil splashing and beating off crank & connection rods will also lower oil temperatures.Consider upgrading to the Ultimate Oil Pickup and/or the Optimal Oil Pan, since your oil pan is going to be off anyway...
Fits All 2.5 and 2.0 Turbo WRX, STi, Legacy, Forester and Outback models 2002-2014.
Shipping Weight: 2.0 lb
Manufacturer: Killer B