Perrin's equal-length header creates a smooth sounding exhaust note while increasing horsepower. Most headers collect on the passenger side of the engine and due to space constraints are not equal length and compromise exhaust flow.
The equal length (EL) version gains you even more power, but the boxer sound will be gone. Note that the equal-length header will NOT fit with the stock EJ20 (2.0 liter) oil pan. You'll need an EJ25 (2.5 liter) oil pan. The unequal-length header fits either oil pan, listed here .The equal length header will not fit 06-07 WRX, and will not fit Forester XT, because of a slightly different oil cooler design.
We recommend also installing invidia up pipe at the same time. Looking for heat shielding? Try our exhaust wrap kit, and/or our Mach V EJ Header Heat Shield.
Space is tight, so check our notes about fitment below;
- 2002-2005 WRX - Yes, requires oil pan with header cutout and oil pickup tube, and custom modification to the radiator line to the transmission.
- 2002-2005 WRX - Automatic Transmission Yes, requires modifications to radiator.
- 2006-2007 WRX - Yes, requires 2002-04 WRX oil cooler assembly and oil feed pipe.
- 2004-2008 Forester XT - Yes, requires oil pan with header cutout, oil pickup tube, 2002-04 WRX oil cooler assembly, and 2002-04 WRX oil feed pipe.
- 2009-2013 Forester XT - Yes, no modification required
- 2004-2007 STI - Yes, no modification required
- 2005-2009 Legacy GT - Yes, no modification
- 2008-2014 WRX - Yes, no modification
- 2015-2018 WRX - No
- 2008-2014 STI - Yes, no modification
- 2015-2019 STI - Yes, no modification
- CSF Radiator with Built-in Oil Cooler - No
- KILLERB Cast Oil Pan - No
Fits 2002-2014 Subaru WRX and 2004-2020 STI, but check fitment table above. Also fits EJ-motor turbo Legacy/Outback and Forester models.