- ATE TYPE 200 Amber Brake Fluid is designed to excel within the extreme demands made on a race vehicle or by high performance drivers and exceeds all DOT4 standards. It is compatible with and will mix well with most DOT3, DOT4 or DOT 5.1 fluids.
The formula offers a minimal drop in boiling point due to outstanding water binding properties resulting in a long-lasting fluid that may not need to be changed for up to 3 years under normal highway driving conditions. Products with a lower wet boiling point have to be replaced considerably more often (e.g., DOT3 products should be replaced annually). The overall high dry and wet boiling points make this fluid an excellent choice for street driven vehicles, too, where brake fluid is flushed less frequently than that in race-driven vehicles.
Features/Benefits of ATE TYP 200 Amber Brake Fluid:
- Boiling point minimum: 536 degrees F
- Wet boiling point minimum: 388 degrees F
- Viscosity at -104 degrees F: max 1,400 mm 2/5
- Designed to last up to 3 years under normal highway driving conditions
- To maintain the functional reliability of brake systems, brake fluid must be changed according to the specifications of the vehicle manufacturer (quality and change interval). In race/track applications, it becomes even more critical that the brake fluid is routinely changed to maintain optimum performance.
Yeah, we know. You're thinking, "This all sounds fine, but where's the ATE Super Blue?" The U.S. government, in all its wisdom, recently decided to being enforcing a long-standing regulation that brake fluid cannot be colored blue. Super Blue can no longer be sold in the U.S. The good news is that Type 200 Amber is the SAME fluid, just...not blue.